Looking For HIV Testing in China? Find HIV Center
By the end of 2018, over one million of HIV/AIDS positive cases have been reported in China, 86 thousand are alive, 25% were self-tested and 75% were discovered, yet there are over 30% of positive cases haven’t been reported.
In an effort to impelling the policy “Four Frees One Care” for HIV positives in China, AHF China program launched in January 2006. Over the past 14 years, AHF China has been working on implementing, as well as amending HIV self-test and optimizing treatment care for HIV/AIDS patients and local medical organizations, so that we would be able to aid for those in need of helps, provide and improve their treatment and care.
AHF China program
AHF China has signed Memorandum of Understanding, MoU with 27 partners in 16 provinces and cities, including Shanxi, Henan, Chongqing, Guangxi, Yunnan, Beijing, Shanghai, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Sichuan, Hunan, Zhejiang, Tianjin, Liaoning and Jiangsu.
AHF China Networks
AHF China program
AHF China and its partners are committed to promote HIV test and treatment. In 2019, 142,934 person-times of HIV testing services were provided, and 5,376 HIV-infected persons were found, HIV positive was 3.8%. By the end of 2019, AHF China has been provided treatment and care services for 140,223 cases of HIV/AIDS.
- Treatment and Care
AHF China and project partners jointly promote high-quality antiviral treatment and care services to benefit more clients. As of the end of 2019, AHF China is providing treatment and care services for 140,223 HIV/AIDS cases, with the rate of treatment 97.4%.
- Promote the implementation of full treatment scheme
- Support patient compliance instruction and related consultations
- Support optimizing the process of treatment and care in data management, audit and analyzation with partners.
- Poverty case support (laboratory test, transportation, nutrition and work, etc.)
- Support partners in recruiting and training peer educators to help improve patient compliance and quality of life.
- Prevention and Test Service
In order to improve the accessibility of HIV testing services, AHF China and project partners continue to actively expand the scope of testing services and innovate testing models to find people with HIV infection to the greatest extent. Since the launch of the AHF China project, the number of rapid HIV tests has increased year by year. In 2019, 142,934 person-times of HIV testing services were provided, and 5,376 HIV-infected persons were found. The HIV positive was 3.8%.
- AHF China implements a combination of online and offline testing models. Community based online self-testing initiated on 2013, it has supported community organizations to carry out online rapid testing pilots, and distributed HIV testing reagents online to provide quick, accurate, and convenient HIV testing services for at risks groups, especially those who have not tested HIV in the past. As for offline testing, laboratory trailer, bars and park testing were promoted to for at risks group and MSM.
- Innovates HIV testing service model, promotes active testing, awareness of periodic testing and healthy lifestyle
- Promote “one to one” referral and treatment green channel based, on peer educators to ensure that all HIV-infected persons detected can successfully refer and receive treatment and related services.
- Advocacy and Marketing
- Policy advocacy
Assist government departments to promote the revision and implementation of China’s AIDS prevention policies and guidelines.
- Standardized community based rapid test
Compile China's first "Community Organization Practical Handbook of HIV Rapid Test Service" to guide and standardize the ability of community organizations to carry out HIV rapid test service.
Actively cooperate with governments and organizations at all levels to carry out different events and publicity activities, including improving public awareness of AIDS-related knowledge, eliminating discrimination due to misunderstandings and fears; popularizing condoms in use and raising awareness of protection, reducing the infection rate while promoting rapid testing service promotion for at risks groups both online and offline, to achieving the goal "early test and early treatment". AHF China carried out a wealth of publicity and advocacy activities on "International Condom’s Day", "International Women's Day", "International AIDS Anti-Discrimination Lunch Day", "International Girls' Day" and "World AIDS Day".
Sources: NCAIDS, China CDC 2018.
<< Return to Countries List