Thursday, April 28, 8:00 a.m. ET, CAMBRIDGE, MA
|WHAT:||During Moderna’s (virtual) AGM, protesters will target CEO Stéphane Bancel and the company for COVID-19 VAX profiteering|
|WHEN:||Moderna VAX profiteering PROTEST held during company’s AGM
· Thursday, April 28 at 8:00 a.m. ET
|WHERE:||200 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139 (Moderna HQ)|
|WHO:||Approximately 50 community advocates, including AHF and partner organizations|
|NEWS DESK NOTE & B-ROLL VISUALS||Sidewalk actions in front of Moderna’s headquarters with Monopoly-themed posters and signs, “Cancel Bancel” signs|
|Ged Kenslea, Senior Director, Communications for AHF +1.323.791.5526 mobile [email protected]
Tonya Thurman, MHA, Associate Director of Mobilization Campaigns for AHF 614.223.11532 mobile [email protected]
QUESTIONS SHAREHOLDER/ADVOCATES WILL TRY TO POSE TO MODERNA DURING VIRTUAL AGM:
- With all the profits Moderna has generated during the pandemic, it seems fitting that it would willingly share its know-how and technology to allow other countries to produce more vaccine doses completely independently. Why has that not happened yet?
- Your CEO Stephane Bancel reportedly sold off nearly $410 million in Moderna stock since 2020. Do you feel it harms your reputation when your leadership and investors are raking in millions in profits while much of the world is still struggling to access vaccines?
- Why have you priced your vaccine higher than any other mRNA vaccine manufacturer?
- Why have you only sent 1 million vaccine doses to lower-income countries, when other vaccine makers J&J and Pfizer have sent 25 million and 8.4 million, respectively?
Oxfam America’s Moderna Shareholder Resolution
AHF would like to acknowledge and thank Oxfam America for successfully placing a shareholder resolution on Moderna’s 2022 Proxy asking Moderna to study the feasibility of sharing its mRNA COVID-19 vaccine technology with resource-poor countries around the globe. Unsurprisingly, Moderna’s Board recommends a ‘NO’ vote on the measure, while AHF enthusiastically supports Oxfam’s resolution.
(Text of Oxfam’s resolution is in the link below, pp 65-67)
Moderna 2022 Proxy Statement (for 2022 AGM)
# # #