World’s largest AIDS organization will also commemorate reaching recent AHF milestone of one million lives in care, surpassed in October, as part of the World AIDS Day events in 42 countries AHF serves in. Events also serve to remind the world that there is still much work to be done in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
In U.S., AHF will host four higher profile events and numerous smaller gatherings and commemorations:
· NEW YORK: AHF is partnering with the Debbie Allen Dance Academy to host a free, star-studded, event celebrating icons of dance on Friday, November 30th at the historic Apollo Theater in Harlem.
· LOS ANGELES: December 1st at Hollywood’s ‘Boulevard 3’ nightclub, an all women lineup with host Rocsi Diaz includes performances by the artists Monica, Chesca and DJ-ing by Carisma.
· MIAMI: December 1st at the Perez Art Museum Miami with host Jessica Carillos and performances by Justin Quiles and CoastCity.
· CHICAGO: Lacuna Loft is the site of the Friday, December 7th event featuring host Sandy Redd and performances by Franki J and Jermaine Dupri.
LOS ANGELES (November 29, 2018) AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization, is once again set to hold a variety of community events and formal observations in many of the 42 countries around the globe that AHF serves in to mark World AIDS Day, formally observed each year on December 1st.
Under its “Keep the Promise on HIV/AIDS!” banner, AHF will celebrate and acknowledge progress made in the fight against HIV and AIDS. These AHF World AIDS Day events also serve as a reminder to world leaders that with almost one million deaths and nearly two million new infections occurring last year alone, there is still much work to be done in the global fight to defeat the epidemic.
In the U.S., AHF events scheduled for World AIDS Day 2018 include various activities ranging from free concerts and unifying marches to exciting fashion shows and empowering advocacy rallies. As always, AHF will be on hand at many of these events to provide free HIV testing services, distribute free condoms and hold interactive sessions to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS and related issues at multiple locations throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the U.S.
AHF’s premier U.S. event, done in partnership with the Debbie Allen Dance Academy, ‘Keeping the Promise-1,000,000 Lives in Care-Celebrating Icons of Dance’ takes place Friday, November 30th at the famed Apollo Theater in NEW YORK. To read the full, separate AHF press release including all the entertainers and awards at this gala dance tribute, click here.
In LOS ANGELES, AHF will host a World AIDS Day commemoration event at the popular Hollywood nightclub, Boulevard 3, on Sunset Boulevard, featuring an all women lineup of entertainers hosted by Rocsi Diaz with musical performances by the artists Monica, Chesca and DJ-ing by
- WHAT: AHF World AIDS Day LOS ANGELES Commemoration
- WHEN: Saturday, December 1st 7:00 pm -10:00 pm
- WHERE: Boulevard 3, 6523 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles 90028
In MIAMI: December 1st at the Perez Art Museum Miami will be the site of this commemoration with host Jessica Carillos and performances by Justin Quiles and CoastCity.
- WHAT: AHF World AIDS Day MIAMI Commemoration
- WHEN: Saturday, December 1st 7:00 pm – Midnight
- WHERE: Perez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132
In CHICAGO: Lacuna Loft is the site of the Saturday, December 7th event featuring host Sandy Redd and performances by Franki J and Jermaine Dupri.
- WHAT: AHF World AIDS Day CHICAGO Commemoration
- WHEN: Friday, December 7th 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- WHERE: Lacuna Loft, 2150 S Canalport Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
According to UNAIDS, over 36 million people are living with HIV/AIDS around the world. Each year nearly 2 million people become infected with the virus and 1 million die of AIDS-related causes. While millions of people today are accessing lifesaving antiretroviral therapy, millions more still desperately need it. The end of the epidemic is only possible if governments and world leaders Keep the Promise on AIDS.
About AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization, currently provides medical care and/or services to over one million people in 42 countries worldwide in the US, Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, the Asia/Pacific Region and Eastern Europe. To learn more about AHF, please visit our website: www.aidshealth.org, find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/aidshealth and follow us on Twitter: @aidshealthcare and Instagram: